From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also inspired connection. We are known for developing and supporting students who share this passion and are guided by their service to others. Join us for our 2018 Starbucks Summer Internship Program and immerse yourself in an enduring global company that values people and fosters innovation. At Starbucks we are performance driven, through the lens of humanity; we strive to create opportunities with broader impact. Connect with something bigger, and discover your potential as a Starbucks Technology product or project management intern.
As an undergraduate technical product or project management intern, you will be stretched to build on your existing knowledge, challenged to maximize your learning agility, and positioned to make a meaningful and lasting contribution to your team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to support initiatives to translate customer experience and business goals into product and project requirements. You’ll work closely with business and strategy stakeholders and internal Starbucks Technology teams to craft user stories and associated documentation and build project plans to drive technical development.
Opportunities May Include
- Product Management
- Project Management
During The Starbucks Summer Internship Program, You Will
- Influence business performance: make an impact through value-add project work.
- Develop professionally: enhance your skills at workshops and business overviews.
- Foster connection: grow your network as you meet and learn from Starbucks leaders.
Starbucks Technology internships are paid, 10-week assignments at the Starbucks Support Center in Seattle (our corporate headquarters). Each student selected for a Starbucks internship may be considered for full-time career openings upon completion of a Bachelor’s degree program.We’d Love To Hear From Students With
- Solid leadership and influencing skills.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Superior strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Internship Program Qualifications
- Active enrollment in an accredited undergraduate Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent program.
- Familiarity with agile/scrum methodology and user centric design; familiarity with waterfall methodology preferred.
- Completed coursework or experience in HTML, C++, Java, C#, SQL, data structures, and/or database systems preferred.
- Anticipated graduation with a Bachelor’s degree between December 2018 and August 2019.
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0