Summary: As an Intern you will provide professional accounting support for the Accounting and Finance organization. Students will have an opportunity to work in one of the following areas: Corporate Accounting, Corporate Tax, or Financial Accounting.
- Corporate Accounting:
- Efficiently and accurately analyzes information, and collects and cross-references supporting documentation to prepare accounting schedules, documents, reports and/or journal entries.
- Prepares variance analyses and projections.
- Provides financial information to various departments within the company as requested; prepares reports for internal and external auditors, various governmental agencies and other outside organizations.
- Assist with month end consolidations and system maintenance.
- Corporate Tax:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly accrual calculations, federal income tax returns, state income tax returns (if time permits).
- Compiles quarterly Sarbanes – Oxley (SOX) data for testing purposes.
- Prepares journal entry approval reports.
- Financial Accounting:
- Efficiently and accurately collects information, and cross – references supporting documentation to prepare accounting schedules, documents, reports and/or journal entries.
- Reconciles account activity and resolves discrepancies.
- Interfaces in a variety of forums to obtain or to provide financial/accounting information.
- Provides information (written or oral) as requested for internal and external auditors and other internal finance organizations.