Graduate Research Symposium!
The Symposium will be held on Amazon’s campus in Seattle, Washington on October 18-20.
At Amazon there are many applications for Research Science including Operations Research, Distributed Systems, Recommendation Systems, Storage, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Computer Vision. The symposium will feature lectures by Amazon researchers and PhD/graduate students, a poster session for students to exhibit their research and an opportunity for those interested to participate in interviewing sessions the following day. The audience will include members of Amazon’s Research Community from across the country and key stakeholders in the company.
Don’t miss this chance to get deeper insights into the interesting problems our scientists are solving, as well as exhibit your research with domain experts across the Amazon organization!
Optional Interviewing for Internships and Full-time
The Symposium is now accepting student applications and travel/hotel expenses will be provided by Amazon. Application Deadline: September 6, 2017.
Applications should be no longer than 300 words, and should include the following:
– Why you wish to attend the Symposium.
– Have you attended any professional conferences? If yes, which conference(s) and dates?
– Would you like to be featured as a conference speaker (45 minutes in length)?
o If so, please discuss the abstract of the session topic. Audience will include both graduate students and full-time Amazonians.
– What will be your poster session topic?
o Please provide the abstract of your poster topic.
– With your submission, please attach your CV or Resume no longer than six pages, including publication history and links to papers if available.
– Would you be interested in participating in a first round onsite interview day two of the symposium?
Applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Subject line: “Application for Symposium”, your current field of study, your current school. If your application is selected by the review committee, you will receive email notification on September 22, 2017, by 6pm PST.
We look forward to receiving your application!