Spend your summer being part of something bigger – improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our program is iAspire – Aspirational Students Pursuing Innovative and Rewarding Experiences. Illumina’s 12-week, global, summer internship program is filled with opportunities to innovate, collaborate, and invest in yourself. Our interns work on relevant projects and programs, right alongside our engineers, scientists and corporate employees. It truly is an opportunity to learn, grow, and become a fully-integrated member of the Illumina community.Illumina is looking for a Business Systems Analyst-Intern who has a passion for data management, machine learning to help us document, design, develop and implement best of breed data processes and monitoring tool.
Role And Responsibilities
- Document and review the master design process,
- Make corrections in the processes and create process flow diagrams in the data management tools
- Communicate new processes to business users, conduct workshop and roadshow with Illumina Data Governance team
- Make systematic changes after obtaining approval from business owners
- Develop algorithms to monitor and report the adherence of the processes, impact of data on business transactions and plan to data cleansing and process improvement Experience
- Rising Junior in Bachelors program, graduating seniors (minimum 3.2GPA), masters, MBA or PhD in Computer Science or Data Science
- SAP/Informatica/Tableau experience is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years experience in data management/machine learning
This role is located in San Diego, CA. Candidates can apply to intern roles through November 3rd, at which time they will be removed from posting. Please save the job description for all roles to which you applied, in order to reference once the postings are removed. Top candidates will move to our video interviewing platform as first step, in mid-November. Those selected for next steps will be contacted in mid-November for a technical phone interview; the phone interview will be scheduled for late November through early December . As the last step, final intern candidates are required to attend an assessment center event at our San Diego or Bay Area offices. The evening events will be held January 18th and 25th for San Diego, and January 22nd for San Francisco. Candidates for San Diego roles will attend only one event in San Diego and will be notified of their assigned assessment date by December 16th. Candidates for Bay Area roles will attend the event in San Francisco on January 22nd. Travel accommodations will be provided for those candidates who do not reside in the city where their assessment event is being held.