The Emma Bowen Foundation is a nonprofit organization that is building a more diverse media and tech industry by recruiting promising students of color like you and placing them in multi-year paid internships at some of the nation’s leading companies.
We believe that diversity is important in all areas of the media industry and offer Fellowships that prepare students for careers in the Business of Media, Content of Media, and Innovation of Media. Whether you’re interested in being a producer, a journalist, a web developer, an engineer, a business executive, a PR agent, or in any other career in the media or tech industry, the Emma Bowen Fellowship is here to help you get your start.
If selected, you will have the opportunity to develop valuable skills and network with industry professionals each summer during college. Not only will you earn a salary, but you will have the opportunity to get additional money to pay for college expenses.
You are welcome to apply for an Emma Bowen Fellowship if you:
- Are a student of color (African-American, Asian-American, Latino, or Native American)
- Are a graduating high school senior OR college student
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- Are interested in pursuing a career in the media industry
- Plan to attend or are currently a student at a four-year accredited college or university
- Are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Speak and write English fluently