The GATHER Fellowship is an investment in practical idealism. GATHER was founded with the understanding that intractable challenges need to be addressed from a variety of angles. We support social entrepreneurs because we believe that innovative and sustainable solutions are necessary to create longstanding change. We support social influencers because we believe that change cannot be made in a vacuum and that individuals with public platforms are crucial for spreading a message and creating change en masse.
We want to invest in the work and ideas of our alumni and other leaders advancing change across the Middle East, South Asia, Europe, and the United States.
As a GATHER Fellow, you will become part of a premiere cohort of local and global change-agents. Leadership can be a lonely business—GATHER is therefore intentionally designed to support you and your work within the context of a trusting community. You will be provided with the personalized support to advance your work, tools to hone your professional skillset, and access to a pool of funds to expand your impact.
CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY
The GATHER Fellowship invests in an accomplished, innovative, and diverse cohort from different sectors and backgrounds. Our selection of Fellows is guided by:
- Proven Ability: Personal experience, familiarity with issue at hand, tools, and passion necessary to achieve stated impact.
- Leadership & Teamwork: Ability to communicate new ideas, influence others, and work collaboratively to maximize collective resources.
- Clarity of Purpose: Clearly defined response to the GATHER Challenge that relates to core conflict issues and a strategically designed plan of action.
- Commitment: Full and active participation in all program elements. GATHER Fellows are expected to be in full-attendance at in-person convenings in addition to 5-7 hours of monthly programming.
We define social entrepreneurs as those developing innovative and sustainable nonprofit or business ventures to address societal challenges.
- Proof of Concept: You should be developing a social venture or running an existing social venture with a developed prototype, pilot or other evidence that demonstrates the viability of the idea and its potential to create change.
- Financial Sustainability: A clearly articulated financially sustainable venture model—either existing or readily implementable.”
We define social influencers as those developing creative campaigns to advance change via public platforms (arts, politics, media, etc.).
- Campaign: You are in a position of influence and running or developing a public campaign that looks to engage others in tackling the GATHER Challenge.
- Megaphone: Access to an effective public platform (virtual, artistic, or otherwise) wherein your message can be spread & access to an existing or developing community of individuals who can be rallied to amplify your impact.