The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships form a selective programme designed to mentor future African leaders. Through this annual fellowship programme, we seek to deepen and broaden our growing network which continues to contribute its skills and learning to a better Africa.
The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the AfDB (Abidjan), UNECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva).
The Ibrahim Scholarships support aspiring African leaders at a number of distinguished academic institutions. The scholarships develop the talent of outstanding young Africans in selected disciplines.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief Adviser to the Executive Director the successful Fellow
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of strategic assignments related to trade
development including private sector issues and specific challenges of small and medium sized
- Carry out applicable research as required;
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of strategies for effective Public-PrivatePartnerships
(PPPs) and generation of resources;
- Participate in high-level discussions and preparation of applicable briefing notes and working
documentation as required;
- Undertake other duties as assigned and required.
- Applicants must hold African nationality.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age at time of application (women with children should be
under 45 years of age).
Master’s degree in economics, business, international development, international relations or
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of international trade development and trade related development assistance (TRTA);
- Knowledge of strategic planning and governance;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts and data;
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals at all levels and different multicultural