If you’re keen to kickstart your international career, the Prince Albert Fund might be just the challenge you need. Essentially, it’s your chance to manage a one-year business project for a Belgian company outside Europe, giving you invaluable business and inter-cultural experience, as well as accelerating your international career as a member of a select network of the Fund’s alumni.
We’re not offering you a traineeship. We’re enabling you to develop your own fully-fledged international project, so the application criteria are demanding. To be chosen for a Grant you must have two to three years’ professional experience, be 30 or younger, hold a Master’s degree in a relevant subject, be keen to take on new professional challenges, and be able to demonstrate your talent and motivation.
Tax-free compensation of €25,000 granted by the Prince Albert Fund (the company will pay for your housing, flights and mission related expenses).
We look for talented highly motivated young professionals who need to fulfill the following criteria to apply. The candidate who can apply:
- Is Belgian or is a EU citizen with a clear link with Belgium
- Holds a master’s degree and has a strong interest for working in a business environment
- Is fluent in English. Any additional language skills beyond the mother tongue is a plus
- Has at least 2 to 3 years of professional experience (« real » profesional experience, we value that you scooped ice-cream in the summer but this does not count, internships need to be of minumim 3 months to count)
- Is 30 years old or younger (at the date of the Jury)
- Is mature, motivated and eager to learn and to discover new cultures
- Is open-minded and has an entrepreneurial mindset
The Jury’s selection is based on the following criteria:
- Strong track record of excellence, drive and resilience;
- Overall presence, ability to convince;
- Social attitude: open minded, flexible, team player;
- Maturity, ability to adapt to a different culture;
- Motivation for participating in the Prince Albert Fund and expected impact on career;
- Potential to contribute to society in general.
How to apply
Application is only possible online once a year during the application period, this year between November 10th 2017 to January 16th 2018. Don’t miss the deadline!
- To go to the King Baudouin Foundation’s online application page (only when the call is open). You’ll then be asked to register.
- When you have the application form onscreen, make sure the title is: “My application form: Prince Albert Fund” (if not, you’ll have to go back and start again).
- Start completing the form. You may also download your application form in order to fill it in the test version offline before submitting your final application online. Please find the offline version of the application form so you can have a look at the questions.
- Test the application. After you’ve completed the first page try ‘Save Provisionally’ at the bottom of the page. If this doesn’t work restart your browser and start the process again.
Application Deadline: January 16th 2018, at midnight